Background / Application
- In the production of protein shakes, whey beverages & plant based drinks (e.g. oat & almond milk), there are many different dry substances that must be dispersed gently but effectively.
- Incomplete dispersion of powders such as protein isolates lead to agglomeration which causes problems in further process steps such as enzymatic treatment or separation
- Conventional agitators and/or unsuitable powder dispersing units can cause quality issues such as inhomogeneity, low product yield and increased process times
The YTRON solution
- With the YTRON system, the liquid phase flows through the reactor chamber using a centrifugal pump. This creates a vacuum in the dispersing chamber which draws in the powder phase.
- The powder phase is immediately wetted when coming into contact with the liquid phase in the shear zone
- The complete wetting out of the powder phase prevents agglomeration
Advantages of the YTRON series
- Reproducible shear force input with agglomerate-free dry matter already after a passage through the rotor / stator system
- Different machine designs according to the application.
- This results in optimum efficiency and energy consumption