YTRON-Y jet stream mixer - Principle
YTRON-Y creates a pure axial jet stream.
It rapidly and homogeneously mixes, without aeration, liquids and viscous products. Vortex formation, normally associated with conventional agitators, is eliminated.
Disadvantages of Conventional Agitators
- Radial flow pattern (rotational flow)
- Non-uniform and incomplete mixing
- Vortex formation, strong aeration, (Result: Oxidation, change of colour, problems with the heat transfer etc.)
- Incomplete mixing of the vessel contents
- Dead zones around the area of the baffles
- Local shear forces, long process times
- Side entry: Product contacts the seal directly
Advantages of YTRON-Y Jet Mixing Turbine
- Axial flow pattern
- Homogenous mixing
- No air entrainment
- No sedimentation
- No floating of product on the surface
- Rapid mixing of entire container contents
- No baffles / flow deflectors required, flow deflectors are integrated in stator
- Low shear due to short residence time in the YTRON-Y mixing head
- Rotor in contact with the moving product only
- Rapid process time
- Side entry: Air cushion prevents product from contacting the mechanical seal surfaces at the top of the shaft.
The choice of the right YTRON-Y depends on each individual case, to get the optimum results for the specific application.